Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 19:22:51 +0100
Claudio Freire wrote:

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Claudio Freire wrote:

But regardless of preference, firewall by default -> no firewall by
default, is a change that can bite a lot of people unaware. Hence my
suggestion to put it on the release notes.

It's certainly a significant change, but no matter where you put it,
it'll likely still bite people - when they neglect to study the
release notes in detail.

Nothing can be done to fix that, but at least if added, it won't bite
people that apply due diligence when performing the upgrade/install.

I don't believe we ought to guide our choices by thinking of the other
group. The other group will always find a way to screw up, and a
minimal install isn't something newbies are likely to attempt, so for
the target audience missing the warning would be inexcusable in any
case.

Well, I think we ought err on the side of caution and keep the firewall
by default. It's by far the safest option. Removing it and putting
that in the release notes is corporate style CYA. No offence to
anyone.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.2°C)