Re: [opensuse-factory] dumbfounded by Enlightenment

Отправлено с iPhone

26 окт. 2015 г., в 20:25, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> написал(а):

Tomáš Chvátal composed on 2015-10-26 17:46 (UTC+0100):

Felix Miata composed:

I've never tried E before. I'd always managed to get along well enough or
better with TDE, KDE3 or KDE4, but since all are missing from Leap, and K5
remains intolerable, I had to try something other than too simplistic IceWM
or TWM, and picked E to try for a fresh installation on a 3.0GHz Core2Duo
with Intel 945G video. I'm dumbfounded what a sloth it is, and that it won't
even start without compositing enabled to slow everything down. Its
unintuitive themes, colors and fonts management, and Goth theming, would
make it a non-starter even if it wasn't so slow. What the secret to
changing a window's size is I have yet to figure out. Seriously
disappointing.

And this was send for what particular reason? To insult the developers? To
start flame? Or you just feel frustrated?

I was hoping someone who uses or develops it might suggest solutions for
problems described. Something so basic as grabbing a window corner to resize
both horizontally and vertically simultaneously ought to be obvious, yet here
isn't.

In any of the above cases please start a blog and write your rants there.

I don't read blogs, so see no point in writing one.

If it is supposed to be about developements then you should report bugs or

Having no prior experience with E, I have no idea how to determine what might
constitute a "bug" or something to propose in FATE, or whether either would
be better sent upstream.

communicate with the developers...

This mailing list is for communication with developers,

Since when enlightenment is developed by SUSE?

and I see no better
place for E discussion on http://lists.opensuse.org/ or elsewhere openSUSE.
As no Leap has ever been released, I can't think of a more appropriate
location for discussion of it than here.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/