Re: [opensuse-factory] dumbfounded by Enlightenment
Tomáš Chvátal composed on 2015-10-26 17:46 (UTC+0100):

Felix Miata composed:

I've never tried E before. I'd always managed to get along well enough or
better with TDE, KDE3 or KDE4, but since all are missing from Leap, and K5
remains intolerable, I had to try something other than too simplistic IceWM
or TWM, and picked E to try for a fresh installation on a 3.0GHz Core2Duo
with Intel 945G video. I'm dumbfounded what a sloth it is, and that it won't
even start without compositing enabled to slow everything down. Its
unintuitive themes, colors and fonts management, and Goth theming, would
make it a non-starter even if it wasn't so slow. What the secret to
changing a window's size is I have yet to figure out. Seriously
disappointing.

And this was send for what particular reason? To insult the developers? To
start flame? Or you just feel frustrated?

I was hoping someone who uses or develops it might suggest solutions for
problems described. Something so basic as grabbing a window corner to resize
both horizontally and vertically simultaneously ought to be obvious, yet here
isn't.

In any of the above cases please start a blog and write your rants there.

I don't read blogs, so see no point in writing one.

If it is supposed to be about developements then you should report bugs or

Having no prior experience with E, I have no idea how to determine what might
constitute a "bug" or something to propose in FATE, or whether either would
be better sent upstream.

communicate with the developers...

This mailing list is for communication with developers, and I see no better
place for E discussion on http://lists.opensuse.org/ or elsewhere openSUSE.
As no Leap has ever been released, I can't think of a more appropriate
location for discussion of it than here.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/