Re: [opensuse-factory] Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1
Am 26.10.2015 um 14:47 schrieb Richard Brown:
On 26 October 2015 at 14:45, Robert Kaiser <kairo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks, this means a lot of people will continue to have the current version
installed "until the end of time",even once it becomes horribly insecure. :(

Dude, it's flash, it's been horribly insecure since the beginning of time ;)

ok, but Robert has a point indeed. But then we can discuss based on that
concern:
Actually Firefox will block outdated Flash versions anyway. So people
cannot just continue to use it in many cases. Therefore while there is a
point I'm not sure we have to take extra measurements on it.

We could think about provided a package to replace earlier flash-player
versions shipped by openSUSE which contains "nothing". But then again is
it worth the effort?

Wolfgang