[opensuse-factory] Re: Some thought's on standard openSUSE patterns.
  • From: Luca Beltrame <lbeltrame@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 12:26:28 +0000 (UTC)
Il Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:21:23 +0100, Gerrit Kruse ha scritto:

Hello,

- Why ist KDEPIM4 the default while KDEPIM5 is in the repos.

Because upstream labeled it as "technology preview". I'm a user of KF5 PIM
since a while, but we wanted to wait till at least 15.12 to reduce the
risk of regressions (same philosophy as the P5 switch).

- Kleopatra is ported to KF5 while KGPG not. Why not deliver Kleopatra
by default?

KGPG has a better interface than Kleopatra at the moment (but Kleopatra
will get many changes in the upcoming months / years).

- KDE Plasma 5 has an integrated audio-applet (plasma-pa). Why openSUSE
has KMix also pre-installed?

IIRC, patterns have been adjusted already.

- openSUSE prefers the unmaintained Kopete. Why not the up to date KDE-
Telepathy?

I'm a KTP user, but KTP sometimes can still be flaky.

- IceWM? Realy?

What if you can't get into a Plasma 5 session for whatever reason?