Re: eth0 in leap 42.1 (was: [opensuse-factory] leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum)
On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 05:14:49PM +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Sunday 2015-10-25 14:05, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
So the %if line should in fact include %is_opensuse rather than
just suse_version=1315.

Where can I find this macro?

grep is_opensuse
/abuild/oscbuild/{SLE-12-SP1,openSUSE_Factory}/{usr/lib,etc}/rpm/ -rs

$ osc meta prjconf openSUSE:Factory | grep is_op
%define is_opensuse 1
%is_opensuse 1

(also for Leap:42.1)

Nive but for local builds this seems not to be true as is_opensuse seems
not to be defined anywhere below .osc/__buildconfig*

I'd like to have exactly the same results on OBS as for local build in
chroot environments. Otherwise debugging is not possible:

systemd/Legacy> osc meta prjconf openSUSE:Factory | grep is_op
%define is_opensuse 1
%is_opensuse 1
systemd/Legacy> grep -rs is_opensuse .osc/
systemd/Legacy>

such configurations are very annoying.

Beside this a public-opinion poll would be an option

For Leap 42.1 do you prefere

[ ] Persistent network device naming like eth0, ...
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/nag2/x-087-2-hwconfig.tour.html
[ ] Predictable network device naming enp0s3, ...

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames
[ ] I do not care about network device naming
[ ] I do not know what this is about

... becasue this is for the users and system adminstrators out
there.

Werner