Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap42 - something must be slowing down my system

On Saturday 2015-10-24 22:07, Martin Schlander wrote:
It's veryyyyy slow. It's nothing special, an HP xw6400. A couple of
Intel 5130 @ 2Ghz with 2Gb RAM. A couple of SATA drives in RAID1,
graphics is a dual Nvidia Quadro 440. I use it exclusively for
testing Leap.

Locking the screen on an otherwise inactive system takes 11 seconds
from I press Ctrl-Alt-L. After that it takes another 15 seconds for
the icons (user,new,change) to appear on the locked/login screen.

Sadly they are in decline - more so on laptops - but if your machine
(still) has a disk LED, it is rather easy to see whether a workload
is IO-bound or processor-bound without needing xosview/top running.
But those might help too.