Re: [opensuse-factory] Apache-HTTP/2 in Leap 42.1?
Am 25.10.2015 um 21:17 schrieb Bjoern Voigt:
Yes, but Tumbleweed is not the point here (only an additional
example). I wonder, why OpenSSL is not in Leap 42.1, 10 month after
OpenSSL 1.0.2 is out. May be, there are stability or compatibility
issues with OpenSSL 1.0.2 or nobody had time to update the package
or because of SLES or something else ... ?

Obviously it's because of SLE.
As you are explaining below it has masses of dependencies and SLES12 SP1
is the baseline for Leap 42.1.

And no, I will probably not use Tumbleweed on production web servers
and I will not use HTTP/2 in Apache 2.4.47 (HTTP/2 is marked as
experimental in Apache 2.4.47) on production web servers. But it
would be nice to have a solid OpenSSL 1.0.2 basis in Leap 42.1, so
that I and other interested users can try a stabilized HTTP/2
support in Apache 2.4.x somewhere later. Updating OpenSSL 1.0.1x to
1.0.2y on a running Leap 42.1 is possible, but because of masses of
dependencies to this library it's probably a risky option.

Apparently noone raised a good argument to update to 1.0.2 in the
"development" phase of 42.1 or the tradeoff between losing SLES12
compatibility and having the latest openssl was decided towards keeping
the SLES base for that case.

Wolfgang