Re: [opensuse-factory] Apache-HTTP/2 in Leap 42.1?
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 7:18 PM, Bjoern Voigt <bjoernv@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd like to ask, if HTTP/2 support is planned in coming release
openSUSE Leap 42.1?

HTTP/2 support in Apache requires Apache >= 2.4.17 and OpenSSL >=
1.2. Currently I only see Apache 2.4.16 and OpenSSL 1.0.1i in Leap
42.1 packages.
HTTP/2 support is enabled in apache at appropiate devel project and
will appear in
tumbleweed soon.

I am not sure if there is going to be a major openSSL upgrade in leap
at this stage of development.
OpenSSL has a bad version numbering scheme, if an increased third
number in version string (1.0.1 to 1.0.2) is a major upgrade.

I haven't seen any openFATE or Bugzilla requests for Apache HTTP/2
yet. So how big are the interests in Apache HTTP/2 really? OpenSUSE
friends: HTTP/2 can make the Internet faster! This will be great
improvement. ;-)

HTTP/2 Now Available for Apache 2.4.17 and Can Make the Internet
Faster

https://hacked.com/http2-now-available-apache-2-4-17-can-make-internet-faster/

Greetings,
Björn