[opensuse-factory] Re: Call for Maintainer: KDE3
  • From: Luca Beltrame <lbeltrame@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 10:15:02 +0000 (UTC)
Il Sun, 25 Oct 2015 09:38:42 +0000, John Layt ha scritto:

Hello John,

software"? How does a version of KDE and Qt that hasn't been the latest
stable release or supported for 7 years qualify? What purpose does it
serve?

To clarify this: KDE3 isn't maintained, nor supported, by the openSUSE
community KDE team. We handle the kdelibs 4.x and KF5 bits. Community
members stepped up to maintain the KDE3 software (which I assume includes
Trinity? I haven't been following).

Personally speaking, I think it should be offered as an *add on
repository* rather than being in the *main distro*. But that's just my
opinion and doesn't reflect the one of the wider openSUSE community.

repo, but given what I suspect is the tiny user base is it really worth
the clutter and hassle and security risk of having it in the main repo?

+1 to that.

To anyone who wants to reply to this thread: *please* keep messages on
KDE3 vs Plasma 4.x vs Plasma 5 *out* of this discussion. Let's limit
ourselves to the feasibility of having KDE3 in the main distro.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter