Re: [opensuse-factory] handling COC violations (was: Found a .doc document...)
Martin Pluskal composed on 2015-10-24 21:45 (UTC+0200):
That I post many posts, yes. It means that I'm trying, testing, Leap,
and I'm actively requesting for comments on it. This is the proper
list for those posts.

No; to quote description of this ml "Discussions about the development
of the next openSUSE version."...

That description moved out of sync with reality with the advent of
Tumbleweed. It de facto serves two purposes now. If moderators don't want
discussion of TW usage here, it needs to be made clear exactly where it does
belong, and posts on whatever list _is_ appropriate that suggest otherwise
need appropriate attention. TW usage posters on the opensuse en list are
routinely pointed here as the (more) appropriate forum.

This ml became sort of cesspool recently, due to absolute lack of
moderation.

Or was it because its purpose morphed to include a large volume of
non-developers? To maintain the historical SNR, either a new list directed to
TW users should have been created, or competent steps should have been
instituted to ensure widespread knowledge that this was not where TW usage
posts belong.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/