Re: [opensuse-factory] [Leap 42.1] Found a .doc document that LilbreOffice fails to render correctly. From the administration.
Dne 24.10.2015 v 20:59 Carlos E. R. napsal(a):
On 2015-10-24 19:37, Richard Brown wrote:

At this point I was hoping to say "you can even find people who
post as much as you to this list" but at 94 emails out of 880 this
month you are the undisputed source of more posts on this list than
anyone else, by a significant margin

And you are possibly the one that writes longer texts (which I find
problematic to read), but I haven't complained. I seldom object to
anybody posting what they wish or how they wish.
I however see significant difference between you messages and those sent
by richard, and that is meaningful content. Also, let me mention that
while board has described what kind of behavior is seen as problematic,
and what you should change/improve, you reply with ridiculous
accusations of richad or board hating you.

That I post many posts, yes. It means that I'm trying, testing, Leap,
and I'm actively requesting for comments on it. This is the proper
list for those posts.
No; to quote description of this ml "Discussions about the development
of the next openSUSE version.". Your ill placed bugreports, mostly about
tiny problems do not belong here. While others are sometimes doing this
as well (and honestly I am not excited about it), in your case there is
also issue of excess.

Furthermore, you managed (again) to reply only to part of comments you
received, so lets bring once again other part: lots of your posts are
not related to any issues but are just derailing discussion, adding
unnecessary information ("me too" and similar).

It is nice that you are trying, but you don't need to tell about it 800+
subscribers of this ml all the time.

Posts such as mine are typical in the main opensuse mail list, by many
people. People having an active part in development must get used to
people posting in the factory mail list instead, at least during
development phase, creating a lot of traffic and chit-chat.
Who are you to tell others what they must do or get used to? While board
was elected by members of community who gave you such mandate? Have you
considered that community members are volunteers and might just decide
to ignore this ml instead or even stop contributing?

If anything will happen, active contributors will ignore this ml
instead, as is already happening with opensuse ml.
After Leap
is released, I will probably shift to that mail list instead, as in
other years.

This ml became sort of cesspool recently, due to absolute lack of
moderation.

You clearly have problems with the direction of the project, you
object strongly to other contributions being carried out by other
contributors, you've made it clear that while you're willing to
talk at great length about the issues you perceive there are limits
to what you are willing to learn or do to change it.

The same thing as others have said. I'm no different.

Please take this opportunity to make it unnecessary, I don't know
about you, but I'm getting tired of these long discussions, and
I'm pretty sure everyone is getting fed up of reading them.

I'm really tired of this bickshedding. It is impacting my health, and
I did not cause it :-(
I am not sure if this is funny, ironic or just sad, but you apparently
fail to realize that you are bikeshedding all the time, and even after
being confronted about such behavior you accuse other of same instead.

Furthermore I would like to state my full support to whatever action
will be done by openSUSE board.

Martin Pluskal

< Previous Next >