Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
Am 24.10.2015 um 20:10 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
On Saturday 2015-10-24 18:59, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 23.10.2015 um 21:09 schrieb Claudio Freire:
There's a pattern for yast too, so those wanting yast could simply
pick both (minimal+yast)

No, they can't.

Why is that actually? Fedora and Debian allow choosing one's favorite
set of patterns...

Try it. The implementation is ...

ahem

"suboptimal".

Selecting "minimal server" installs a pattern that conflicts with almost
everything (probably in order to fend off the ...

ahem

"suboptimal"

handling of weak requires (Suggests/recommends).

So if you select another pattern, you always need to deselect "minimal
server".

And if you later, in the installed system try to insstall something, you
are told that you need to remove the minimal server selection.

Which most people, who are not use to this, ... ahem ... "suboptimal"
implementation will not do (of course you do not want to remove the
"minimal requirements for a server", because of course you think you
need them).

That's the moment they call me and tell me they cannot use "my" SLES and
that they need RHEL instead.
--
Stefan Seyfried