Re: [opensuse-factory] About JRE 1.8 [Was: Focusing on OpenJDK - Sun/Oracle JDK will not be in 12.1 (fwd)]
On 2015-10-24 18:29, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 23.10.2015 um 20:02 schrieb Carlos E. R.:

In that case, a top post with the question in front, like

"We did drop SUN JDK (see mail forward) 3 years ago, can we possibly
reinstate it because.... $URL1 $URL2 ?"

Understood, thanks.
Next time I will try that way, if my memory doesn't fail me and my
skills allow :-)

Believe me, I wrote it that way because I thought it would be easier to
read. I don't like clicking on links, I prefer included text.

Well, i personally question the usefulness of signed mails in
mailinglist, but that's certainly a matter of preference.

Fair question :-)

I routinely sign almost all my list mail, because years ago I was the
target of an impersonator (well, one of the targets, there were others),
who used my name (and email sometimes) to gravely insult people whom I
respected or was friendly with. I had to turn to PGP signing in order to
prove which posts were mine or not.

I agree that a PGP signature adds size, and some mail clients do not
transparently handle them. It is a pain for (most?) webmail users. A
PKCS signature would be better in that respect, perhaps, but it is
bigger size. Or was when I tried, years ago.

And with the imported key, it does not look quite as ugly as before.

But what I wanted to express:

* make it easy for people to get your message, and they might be much
more likely to help you.

I am getting about 500 emails on an average day from openSUSE mailing
lists alone, not counting the upstream projects I'm subscribed.
Obviously I'm not going to read them all. For example in this list, I'm
ignoring all threads that are about KDE. Or when people are doing
experiments with strange combinations of repositories or with binary
only drivers. Many of the other mails, I only read the first few lines,
and the more interesting those are (or the easier it is for me to
understand the problem of the sender), the more likely it is, that I'm
going to read the whole mail or even the whole thread. And then if I'm
able to, I might even try to help :-)

Fair enough. I do the same :-)

I will try to redact my posts in a way that the most important content
is at the very top. On bugzillas, sometimes I write a summary paragraph
at the top.

Now in this case, there is nothing I can do to help, so it does not
really matter.

Well, the question was answered satisfactorily, but thank you for your
interest :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >