[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed – Review of the week 2015/43
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

Tumbleweed is a bit of a quiet place these days… as you can imagine,
resources are almost completely redirected to openSUSE Leap 42.1 –
that’s contributor and CPU resources. Yet, two snapshots have been
released within the last week.

The few noteworthy updates where:
=================================
* Linux Kernel 4.2.3. The merge of the -desktop flavor into the
  -default flavor is now reality. You setup will replace the
  kernel-desktop package(s) with kernel-default. One side effect is
  that ALL kernel-desktop versions are removed, not only the latest
  version. You can avoid this with a zypper lock
  (zypper al kernel-desktop)

Problems I heard of in the past weeks, which might impact you too:
* Libreoffice 5.0 crashes on saving files: LO5 has a new GTK3
  integration module, which is, sadly, not up to the standards yet.
  But it was realized too late. The next LO5 package will have the GTK3
  variant split in a separate package, so that the devs can work with
  it and debug it. Until then, if you suffer from LO5 crashes, the
  easiest way is to delete the file
    /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/libvclplug_gtk3lo.so
  (you could also uninstall libreoffice-gnome, but then LO will look
  really bad)

What is brewing in the Staging Areas:
* KDE Applications 15.08.2 will be in Snapshot 20151022+
* KDE Frameworks 5.15.0
* Plasma 5.4.2
* GCC 5.2 will come your way
* GNOME 3.18.1

But of course, openSUSE Leap 42.1 will remain the main focus point in
the next few days; after all, we want to make this a great release.

Have a great weekend and a lot of fun.