Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
But a firewall is quite an important part of any installation
really, I would consider an installation, even if minimal, without a
firewall, quite irresponsible. But selecting it back is easy, and it
is indeed the minimal pattern, which strives to be minimal. Pulling
in
full perl would indeed hurt that objective.

Really? Sorry - no: I have NEVER worked in an enterprise where the
firewall was not centralized BEFORE the server farm... maintaining
firewall rules in every single instance is certain to give you
headaches which you do not need.

Do yourself a favor, get an IDS/IPS and live happily ever after. THEN
we talk about serious implementations with servers.

SUSE Firewall is nice for what it can do... but installing /
configuring it on every single VM instance in your network is mind
numbing and means you do your job in a way to extort money from your
employer - and not to do a good job.

(this is my personal opinion, not related to any employer of past,
present of future).

Cheers,
Dominique