Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
  • From: "Francisco J. Tsao Santin" <tsao@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 00:26:36 +0200 (CEST)
I think the discussion is very interesting, but it's much more quick enabling
yast patterns at the installer than reading near 80 emails :-D

Now serously, I think it's not a bad decision to provide a "minimal server"
without yast as it's easy to add later. I work as sysadmin, and it's easier
for me begining with a very minimal installation than getting a great lot
of packages and removing the ones I don't need. The first method is more clean.

Of course in my *SUSE servers I use yast, but I also understand the situations
it's not needed. Some people mentioned them: automated instance deployments and
orchestration, containers. Five years ago we wouldn't be talking about it, but
it's a reality today.

--
Francisco Javier Tsao Santín
http://gattaca.es