Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 07:55:55PM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Michal Kubecek wrote:

On the other hand, I can't imagine running a server without tcpdump,
netcat or screen. Someone else might feel the same about e.g. kdump.
But we have enough sense not to insist those must be part of a minimal
server pattern just because we want them on all _our_ servers.

Yet we insist that everyone needs e.g. strace, bc, btrfsutils, shim,
wireless stuff and what have you (see my list in my previous posting).

Hm... do we? I mean: did you submit a request to remove these from the
minimal pattern? I guess you might have problem with e.g. btrfsutils
(btrfs being the default for root filesystem) but I would be really
interested in arguments why bc is a necessity (I don't believe it is;
I would rather expect the only reason for it being there is that so far
noone formally requested its removal).

Michal Kubeček