Re: [opensuse-factory] leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
Per Jessen composed on 2015-10-23 21:22 (UTC+0200):

Claudio Freire wrote:

I don't really like removing SuSEfirewall2. The rationale, avoiding
perl, seems to be the motive. Most of that is to avoid pulling in
perl. But a firewall is quite an important part of any installation
really, I would consider an installation, even if minimal, without a
firewall, quite irresponsible.

Exactly!

That presumes the instant server isn't behind a firewall already. It should
be up to those who need to be behind one or more firewalls to ensure it/they
happen on purpose, and not by accident of an installer's defaults when the
goal is "minimal".

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/