Re: [opensuse-factory] leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
Per Jessen composed on 2015-10-23 20:28 (UTC+0200):

Huh? AFAICT, openSUSE 13.2 had predictable network interface naming and
Leap42 doesn't. (unless our opinions of "predictable" differ).

"Predictable Network Interface Names" has a strict meaning that comes to
openSUSE from upstream:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/

Leap 42.1 still has systemd-210 (and everything surrounding that),
like openSUSE 13.2.

But in Leap42 I get "eth0", in openSUSE 13.2 I get "enps0f1q4" ?

Don't misunderstand me, I much prefer "ethX" instead of "enps0f1q4" but
I am surprised noone has complained about this obvious regression.

I do it all the time, but in my head, not out loud or in print. :-)

I like to think of "predictable" as configuring eth0 and actually finding
eth0 available and working on boot beyond single. A few days ago I found it's
possible for it to not happen even following all 4 of the above URL's methods
to restore the old way. In some *buntu 14.X installations I found it
necessary to include biosdevname=0 on cmdline in order to acquire a working
eth0.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/