[opensuse-factory] Re: leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 18:20:35 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 20:11:35 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Jim Henderson wrote:

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:59:11 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

You'll no doubt disagree, and that's fine. You have the option of
adding YaST when you do your installation. Everybody wins.

Everybody won before too - everyone had the option of removing YaST.
Nothing gained.

Counterintuitive.

It has worked very well for years and years. Clearly not
counterintuitive.

It's "Minimal" but I have to remove stuff?

No, you don't have to. Only if you want to.

By definition, it's not minimal if you have to remove something that's
not an absolute requirement.

In which case our current "minimum server pattern" isn't minimum. Maybe
we can reduce to the point where it's no good to anyone.

I've made my point - enabling you to continue bikeshedding here is not
something I'm willing to continue discussing.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson