Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 20:11:35 +0200
Jim Henderson wrote:

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:59:11 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

You'll no doubt disagree, and that's fine. You have the option of
adding YaST when you do your installation. Everybody wins.

Everybody won before too - everyone had the option of removing YaST.
Nothing gained.

Counterintuitive.

It has worked very well for years and years. Clearly not
counterintuitive.

It's "Minimal" but I have to remove stuff?

No, you don't have to. Only if you want to.

By definition, it's not minimal if you have to remove something that's
not an absolute requirement.

In which case our current "minimum server pattern" isn't minimum. Maybe
we can reduce to the point where it's no good to anyone.

A show of hands please, in the last 10-15 years, how many of you
actually went and removed YaST from your server installations?

Proving what, exactly? That a random sampling of people on one
mailing list uses YaST more than doesn't (or vice versa)?

Yes, I have - several times.

That makes 2 of you.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.5°C)