Re: [opensuse-factory] About JRE 1.8 [Was: Focusing on OpenJDK - Sun/Oracle JDK will not be in 12.1 (fwd)]

On 2015-10-23 10:29, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Hello Carlos,

Unfortunately, you managed to make your message almost unreadable:

Andrei had no problem with it, and posted the correct hints for me to
find the answer.

* starting with "i have a dobt about this"

No, I wrote: "I have a doubt about this.". I didn't make those
spelling errors you say I did. I just verified it.

* quoting ***lots*** of text without quoting marks,

It was wrapped between cut marks:

+++--------------------------
text
- --------------------------++-

Notice that the email was in fact a "forward", as the subject says
(wording added by the mail client program).

The last thing being your in-line PGP signature which, for some
reason, enigmail cannot handle (probably because the mail is
altered by the mailing list software) and which makes reading your
content even more a pain.

It was generated by Alpine, and the signature verifies.
My enigmail has no problem with it, so it must be an issue on your
side. Sorry about it, but not my fault.

For instance, if you have not imported the keys of the sender, I think
Enigmail shows the full text. This is a nuisance for reading, I agree,
so I just tell it to import that signature.

Think about it: you are asking hundreds of people on this list to
read your words and think about your ideas. Make it easy for them
to understand what you want to say.

I'm sorry, but I really thought it would be easy to understand. You
say it wasn't, thus next time I'll try differently.

Maybe I should have left it as the original forward, with the original
text at the end, similar to a top post :-?

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)