Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, we don't want too many either, but we should cater to a handful of
most often used patterns. Personally speaking, I use the "minimum
server pattern" frequently, either on real iron or (less frequently) on
xen.

I think, then, ultimately, that the goal of a minimal pattern should be
to be truly minimal for all use cases, and then permit the user to add to
it as they need to.

To me, "minimal" means "absolute core required components". In that
spirit, YaST isn't part of an *absolute* requirement, so leaving it out
makes perfect sense.

I agree as well.

Frankly I don't care how many patterns there are... I'm always going
to choose the minimal one, and then add what I explicitly need using
zypper.

Everybody can use zypper... it's a great tool and very easy to use.
So we don't need a pattern for every possible use case. Just a few
broad brush ones that get you in the right ballpark as a starting
point.

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs