Re: [opensuse-factory] leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:31:33 +0200
Daniele wrote:

Il 23/10/2015 13:22, Per Jessen ha scritto:

It hasn't changed over the years, not much anyway. I install a new
server (physical or Xen) and I don't want any GUI/X primarily because
it just makes the install take longer. Cutting away YaST does not
reduce the installation time very much at all, it only adds hassle.
Saving disk space is not very relevant, except maybe for xen guests.

Hi, is the "server" word that is outside. It should be only "minimal
text installation".

"minimal server installation" means nothing, which kind of server ?
Web ? Mail ? File ? Print ? DB ? Web + Mail ? Print + File ?

It doesn't matter, the pattern should provide a solid _base_ for
whatever you want it to serve. If it were up to me, the pattern should
include net-snmp and ipmitool too, but as most such setups are probably
not "serious server setups" (IMHO), we can drop those and keep yast
instead.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.6°C)