Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:11:34 +0200
Michal Kubecek wrote:

On Friday 23 of October 2015 17:30:41 Per Jessen wrote:
Claudio Freire wrote:
Yes, but call the pattern "container minimal". Calling it "server"
makes it seem like it's for a... you know... server. Which elicits
thoughts of a physical machine in my language.

Absolutely. A virtual server too, but first and foremost real iron.

Less and less true, these days. Actually, I believe the percentage of
server systems running on their dedicated physical machines is already
decreasing for 10-15 years.

Maybe not quite that far back, but as Claudio says, the word "server"
elicits thoughts of a physical machine.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.6°C)