Re: [opensuse-factory] leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
Il 23/10/2015 13:22, Per Jessen ha scritto:

It hasn't changed over the years, not much anyway. I install a new
server (physical or Xen) and I don't want any GUI/X primarily because
it just makes the install take longer. Cutting away YaST does not
reduce the installation time very much at all, it only adds hassle.
Saving disk space is not very relevant, except maybe for xen guests.

Hi, is the "server" word that is outside. It should be only "minimal text installation".

"minimal server installation" means nothing, which kind of server ? Web ? Mail ? File ? Print ? DB ? Web + Mail ? Print + File ?

For me, minimal installation means:

bash + well known classic *nix tools & utilities,
zypper,
vi,
working network,
ssh(d).

Debateable:
Yast with few selected modules,
mc
some more tools & utilities..

If you go with minimal installation, you should know what are you doing and what are your needs. You can easyli install needed packages.

Daniele.