Re: [opensuse-factory] leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum

On Friday 2015-10-23 14:05, Johannes Meixner wrote:
On Oct 23 13:24 Michael Ströder wrote (excerpt):
But when setting up a minimal server removing
yast is always one of the tasks.

Could you provide your personal reasons why you do not want
to have YaST on your servers.

It takes "ages" to start (yast2 firewall => 4 to 5 seconds), and I am just
quicker (and have the necessary experience) to just edit the appropriate
configuration files directly to, say, add a port to the don't-filter list.

I only resort(ed) to yast when the configuration of a component is
overly clumsy -- pppd is one of those cases. But by now, the days of
ISDN and PPPoE are gone. (It's all DHCP and and/or NAT by now.)