Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 17:40:12 +0200
On Friday 23 of October 2015 17:22:40 Per Jessen wrote:

I am not trying to argue that YaST is needed everywhere, I just
believe it is part of the minimum toolset for a server, serious or
otherwise.

I disagree. On most of my servers, I never ran YaST since the installer
finished and there is a good chance I never will.

On the other hand, I can't imagine running a server without tcpdump,
netcat or screen. Someone else might feel the same about e.g. kdump. But
we have enough sense not to insist those must be part of a minimal
server pattern just because we want them on all _our_ servers.

Michal Kubeček