Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 16:56:12 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Michal Kubecek wrote:

On Friday 23 of October 2015 13:33:17 Per Jessen wrote:
Michael Strc3b6der wrote:

I'm not a openSUSE developer. But when setting up a minimal server
removing yast is always one of the tasks.

Why do you use openSUSE then?

Do you seriously believe YaST is the only possible reason someone could
choose openSUSE? If so, you are wrong.

No, I don't believe that is the only reason, I believe it is a very
important reason and certainly what truly sets us apart from the rest.

Perhaps another thing that will set us apart from the rest is being
friendly to container-based deployments by not including anything more
than is necessary.

Yes, but call the pattern "container minimal". Calling it "server"
makes it seem like it's for a... you know... server. Which elicits
thoughts of a physical machine in my language.

Certainly both use cases are very different when one needs a kernel
and another doesn't. Right?