Re: [opensuse-factory] leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
On 23 October 2015 at 14:02, Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday 23 of October 2015 13:33:17 Per Jessen wrote:
Michael Strc3b6der wrote:

I'm not a openSUSE developer. But when setting up a minimal server
removing yast is always one of the tasks.

Why do you use openSUSE then?

Do you seriously believe YaST is the only possible reason someone could
choose openSUSE? If so, you are wrong.

Michal Kubeček

As it's somewhat relevant here, I actually have some exciting news
from inside SUSE

SUSE are about to publish a minimised virtual machine image called
JeOS based on the SLES 12 codebase very soon - I don't know when the
official announcement is planned, you're all hearing about it here
first.

Like the openSUSE minimal install, it aims to be 'minimal but fully
usable', including having zypper with no YaST

They've gone and done a few things we probably want to learn from,
such as tuning things down to a very tidy size while still retaining
nifty features like btrfs/snapper.

So, yeah, YaST is great, but there's more reason to use openSUSE and
SUSE stuff than just our beloved management tool