Re: [opensuse-factory] leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:33:17 +0200
Michael Strc3b6der wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

On Fri, 2015-10-23 at 10:44 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
In Milestone 2 it still worked well, but now we don't even install
YaST.
I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous.

I'm not sure 'ridiculous' is a valid choice of word here... consider
the various usecases for the minimum server pattern:

* Install a server (obvious)
There, it's arguable if you need yast or not... most serious server
setups will be using other management tools (puppet et.al)

I'm sorry, but "ridiculous" is entirely appropriate. YaST is the one
thing that distinguishes openSUSE from the rest, and we decide not to
install it. I call it mind boggling.

I'm not a openSUSE developer. But when setting up a minimal server
removing yast is always one of the tasks.

Why do you use openSUSE then?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.7°C)