Re: [opensuse-factory] leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
Per Jessen wrote:
Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

On Fri, 2015-10-23 at 10:44 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
In Milestone 2 it still worked well, but now we don't even install
YaST.
I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous.

I'm not sure 'ridiculous' is a valid choice of word here... consider
the various usecases for the minimum server pattern:

* Install a server (obvious)
There, it's arguable if you need yast or not... most serious server
setups will be using other management tools (puppet et.al)

I'm sorry, but "ridiculous" is entirely appropriate. YaST is the one
thing that distinguishes openSUSE from the rest, and we decide not to
install it. I call it mind boggling.

I'm not a openSUSE developer. But when setting up a minimal server removing
yast is always one of the tasks.

Ciao, Michael.