Re: [opensuse-factory] leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:15:05 +0200
Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 23.10.2015 12:47, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Fri, 2015-10-23 at 12:31 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Mind you: the patter is called "Minimum Server Pattern". Minimum
sort-
of implies that bloat should be left out.

YaST = bloat ? That's a new one to me. Oh well.

Inside a container, yes, absolutely! It just does not belong there.

We even got bug reports about the minimal pattern requiring a kernel

Fortunately it doesn't :-)
The pure sum of installed package sizes of the minimal pattern is
less than 500MB. With kernel and grub we have ~800MB. The yast2
package itself including dependencies adds ~60MB to that, plus
whatever actual yast modules drag in.

The actual file system usage of an installed system may deviate from
those numbers though.

cu
Ludwig

--