Re: [opensuse-factory] leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
On 23.10.2015 12:31, Per Jessen wrote:
* Install a server (obvious)
There, it's arguable if you need yast or not... most serious server
setups will be using other management tools (puppet et.al)

I'm sorry, but "ridiculous" is entirely appropriate. YaST is the one
thing that distinguishes openSUSE from the rest, and we decide not to
install it. I call it mind boggling.

It's always about how much "minimal" you want it. The fact is, that Yast
is not "needed", it's really something additional. Yast belongs to a
"standard" server though.

Use case for "minimal server" here is (probably): as minimal as possible
to be able to install anything else that might be "missing".

Mind you: the patter is called "Minimum Server Pattern". Minimum sort-
of implies that bloat should be left out.

YaST = bloat ? That's a new one to me. Oh well.

OK, "bloat" sounds a little bit harsh here :) and one might get
offended, but in general, he's right. But it's always about use cases,
you have different opinion, because you use it for different purpose.
Please describe your use case first.

Thanks
Lukas

SLE Department, SUSE Linux