[opensuse-factory] Leap42 - something must be slowing down my system
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 08:56:43 +0200
It's veryyyyy slow. It's nothing special, an HP xw6400. A couple of
Intel 5130 @ 2Ghz with 2Gb RAM. A couple of SATA drives in RAID1,
graphics is a dual Nvidia Quadro 440. I use it exclusively for testing
Leap.

Locking the screen on an otherwise inactive system takes 11 seconds from
I press Ctrl-Alt-L. After that it takes another 15 seconds for the
icons (user,new,change) to appear on the locked/login screen.

To login, I need to click on the password field to move the focus, takes
5 seconds. I type my 8-character password in a second or so, but it
takes 5 seconds for it to appear as bullets in the password field. In
chunks of 2 and 3.

Any possibility this is graphics driver related? nouveau didn't work,
so I installed the latest (for this card) nvidia driver from source.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.4°C)