Re: [opensuse-factory] [Leap 42.1] Found a .doc document that LilbreOffice fails to render correctly. From the administration.
  • From: Stefan Kunze <skunze@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:45:07 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2015, 04:31:02 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
Hi,

At site
<https://www.carm.es/web/pagina?IDCONTENIDO=1680&IDTIPO=240&RASTRO=c345$m31
21,3317>, which is an official health administration page (Spain), I found
two doc documents. One opens correctly, the other is terrible.

<https://www.carm.es/web/integra.servlets.Blob?ARCHIVO=Anexos%20A2%20y%20A3.
doc&TABLA=ARCHIVOS&CAMPOCLAVE=IDARCHIVO&VALORCLAVE=7510&CAMPOIMAGEN=ARCHIVO&
IDTIPO=60&RASTRO=c345$m3121,3317>

Saves as "7510-Anexos A2 y A3.doc".

LibreOffice in Leap does an horrible job.

Abiword does a bit better, but still unusable. It says the document
contains revision data which it is ignoring; I don't inkow if that has
something to do with the problems.

Caligra (in oS 13.1) does badly, too.

Even an online converter, .doc to .docx, does badly.

Even google docs can not open it to something readable. :-/

--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

Hi Carlos,

definitely upstream Libreoffice is the correct adress here.
As far as I know they collect problematic documents for automated testing .

--
Stefan Kunze

SUSE Dispatch Engineer

SUSE Linux GmbH,
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nürnberg