Re: [opensuse-factory] [Leap 42.1] Found a .doc document that LilbreOffice fails to render correctly. From the administration.

On 2015-10-22 10:12, Martin Pluskal wrote:
On Thursday, October 22, 2015 04:31:02 AM Carlos E. R. wrote:

Carlos over last several days, you have managed to create huge
amount of traffic on this mailing list, with very low ratio of
useful information to noise, and even when somehow useful, most of
your posts are misplaced. Bug reports belong to bugzilla,
opensuse-factory is serves as platform to discuss development not
to report petty issues with document rendering. As you are no
newbie to openSUSE community, I believe that you should know
better.

I strongly disagree.

opensuse-factory is no longer a developer mail list. It is a user mail
list, for those users using Tumbleweed, and those testing Leap. I'm
entitled to post here my doubts and requests for comments, when using
those distributions. If you are sure that this is a bug, then I will
forward to Bugzilla.

Other people have told here to post in Bugzilla issues that were
posted here, and then after a few posts it was demonstrated that it
was no bug.

Being this a user mail list, other users may have ideas of what to try
with that document.

In regard to this issue you reported, it is something that is most
likely upstream issue of libreoffice, so it should likely go to
libreoffice bugzilla not to this mailing list.

That's an idea, thanks.

Also I would appreciate if you would refrain from using statements
as "does an horrible job" - it is strongly disrespectful to
developers/maintainers - why don't you try fixing yourself instead
of using such language? You are getting results of someone elses
work for free, and even if it might not be perfect, it is rude to
make such comments.

I'm sorry if you think that. I never thought it wold be understood
that way.

To me, a program is an object, not a person, and it can do a good job,
or a bad job. It is just a description of facts, not a judging on the
people that made the tool. I'm not saying that a person did an
horrible job. An tool did.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)