Re: [opensuse-factory] journald and syslog
Le mercredi 21 octobre 2015 à 10:45 -0400, Ken Schneider - Factory a
écrit :
On 10/21/2015 05:22 AM, Frederic Crozat wrote:
Le mercredi 21 octobre 2015 à 10:39 +0200, Stefan Schäfer a écrit :
Hi list,

in openSUSE leap it's no longer possible to install a classic syslog
daemon in addition to systemds journald. If I try i run into a package
conflict.

In my opinion this doesn’t make sense. Lot's of admins I know, want a
classic syslog daemon because they know it and additional the the
journald to learn how it works.

What's about journalds "ForwardToSyslog" directive, if we can't use it?

You are incorrect here.

Persistant journal on disk is enabled when /var/log/journal directory
exists.

Starting with which version of systemd?

Since 12.1 IIRC (and we had an issue there, because /var/log/journal was
part of the main package, so upgrading to 12.2 was
keeping /var/log/journal even if systemd-logger was not installed)

--
Frederic Crozat
Enterprise Desktop Release Manager