Re: [opensuse-factory] journald and syslog
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 11:10:44 +0200
Hi Stefan,

What is the bug number for this issue?

If it's not reported, please do so, with exact error messages about
the conflict.

http://bugzilla.opensuse.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=openSUSE%20Distribution&format=guided

Documentation: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports

On 21 October 2015 at 10:39, Stefan Schäfer <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi list,

in openSUSE leap it's no longer possible to install a classic syslog daemon
in addition to systemds journald. If I try i run into a package conflict.

In my opinion this doesn’t make sense. Lot's of admins I know, want a
classic syslog daemon because they know it and additional the the journald
to learn how it works.

What's about journalds "ForwardToSyslog" directive, if we can't use it?

Sorry for my english...

Stefan

--
www.invis-server.org