Re: [opensuse-factory] Will we have additional repositories for Leap as we have currently?
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 07:35:08 +0200
On Tuesday 20 of October 2015 15:58:47 Carlos E. R. wrote:

And what would you use, for high performance video? I like Intel, but
it is not up to the task. The two contenders I know both have
proprietary blobs.

Not sure what exactly is "high performance video" supposed to mean. For
my purpose, radeon driver serves perfectly fine with both 2560x1440 at
home and 2x1920x1080 at work. Haven't tried 4K yet as those available at
reasonable price today are all unreasonably small so that there would be
little use (for me) in buying one.

Of course, I'm not a gamer. If I was, I would probably need Windows for
games anyway and then the question of open/close source drivers would be
irrelevant.

Michal Kubeček