Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Video performance [Was: Will we have additional repositories for Leap as we have currently?]
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [10-20-15 22:00]:
[...]
Ah. You mean using both the GPU and CPU for running _code_, for which
not only you need the proprietary driver, but also other drivers, plus
specific applications that are able to offload processing into the GPU.

Ah, yes :). "Working" the key word, not merely displaying but cropping,
adjusting angle, light, dark faces, color correction, and then producing
jpg's for web display.

You could have just said what you were doing. Displaying a hundred raw
photos is not the issue, it is something entirely different.

No, it was never about "displaying" but making displayable product.

Having a 128 core CPU and working in parallel would also help, way more than
a single GPU, I guess ;-)

Well, 12 core and 36 gig memory is a start :)