Re: [opensuse-factory] Will we have additional repositories for Leap as we have currently?
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [10-20-15 18:50]:
On 20/10/2015 18:17, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

But working 500 raw photographs does require the nvidia prop driver!
nouveau just cannot keep up.

Why? :-?

Displaying static photos should not be a problem, and processing is done by
the CPU, not the video hardware. The card and driver should not matter, as
long as they are capable of displaying with proper resolution and number of
colours.

OpenCL support provides 3-4 x performance. And memory in the video
hardware is utilized, so it does matter.