[opensuse-factory] Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20151012 released!
  • From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 20:02:48 +0200
Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar writes:
* Are people actually also reading threads of other people (A thread
about skype showed the exact same problem... which was solved)

I didn't find it on this list, anyway.

* Are people filing bugs when they see something (yes, the person
having the issue with skype did file bug 950464.. it was solved within
4 hours)

I was originally asking for an alternative to acroread since acroread
has long been obsoleted for TW. I still need to keep it for the two
things I asked about (but didn't get an answer on).

* Are people checking the stuff we publish in :Update (as there were
dozen of complaints this was not done before?) (probably not: or the
harfbuzz update from there would have been found)

If you're talking about the repo behind:

http://download.opensuse.org/update/tumbleweed/

then yes.

* Are people reading the weekly updates? (just a hint: the skype issue,
which was the one known at that moment, was mentioned in the weekly
review)

Yes, but I didn't know the connection to skype and libharfbuzz.

in this specific case: libharfbuzz0-32bit was wrongly skipped by OBS
when publishing.. nobody knows why or how it happened (the i586 and the
x86_64 package built correctly).

As a quick attempt harfbuzz was published in the :Update repository

And: snapshot 20151014 (currently published one) has the issue fixed
also already.

Yes, that's what I have installed yesterday.

So, I think it's at the time to let this topic at rest, dup your
system, clean out any weird workarounds and locks you created, or be
bitten by it somewhen in the future, and happily use your apps :)

Done.

Regards,
Achim.