Re: [opensuse-factory] Will we have additional repositories for Leap as we have currently?
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 15:01:36 +0200
On Tuesday 20 of October 2015 13:33:18 Graham P Davis wrote:
On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 23:57:00 +0200 Richard Brown wrote:

The _exact_ reason Tumbleweed doesn't recommend using proprietary
drivers is because changing the kernel and Xorg are _precisely_ the
things that breaks the proprietary drivers most often

On TW, Plasma5 doesn't work with the default driver (nouveau); it only
works with the proprietary nVidia driver so not recommending the use
of proprietary drivers means not recommending the use of Plasma5.

...or not using an NVidia GPU. :-)

Michal Kubeček