Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: How to report issues after "New Tumbleweed snapshot <date> released"
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 14:58:38 +0200
On Tuesday 20 of October 2015 14:35:49 Johannes Meixner wrote:

I noticed that issues with a particular Tumbleweed snapshot
are sometimes/often? reported as replies to the
"New Tumbleweed snapshot <date> released" announcement.

I would like to suggest to report issues with a particular
Tumbleweed snapshot as new separated mails with individual
meaningful mail subjects like
"FooApp fails since Tumbleweed snapshot <date>"

I think this way it is both clear to what Tumbleweed snapshot
the issue report belongs and it is clear what the issue is about.

Or is there a good reason why issues can/should? be reported
as replies to the announcement mail?

These are not exclusive: there is also the option to send a reply but
change its subject.

Michal Kubeček