Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20151012 released!
hi,

Am 20.10.2015 um 10:37 schrieb Ben Holmes:

Changing the API of libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 without renaming the link
completely breaks quite a few proprietary (non OSS) apps for me.
Adobe Reader is one, but my Citrix client/plugin is another (I also

thanks for the info.
i didn't recognize this.

Installing the latest version of the reader from ftp.adobe.com may be

you misundersttod this.

the latest version of the reader from ftp.adobe.com also depends on the old pango lib.
the only difference is, that the ftp-version can handle digital signatures.
the pango problem persists.

All of the proprietary programs that break for me are installed as
32-bit and I have installed the 32bit RPM for libpango 1.36.x
downloaded from the 13.2 repositories and locked it. This way, all
of the newer programs that may have dependencies on 1.38.x as time
moves on will be OK since they are all 64bit, and I can still use my
legacy 32bit programs.

a good idea.
and much better than my hack to put the old pango lib in the home dir of adobe reader.

thanks.
--

Best Regards | Liebe Grüße | Cordialement | Cordiali Saluti |
Atenciosamente | Saludos Cordiales

*Rainer Klier*

Research & Development

SIGNificant Signature Solutions GmbH

(a xyzmo company)

Haiderstraße 23 | 4052 Ansfelden | Austria

Mobile: +43 664 610 17 06

Phone: +43 7229 88 0 60 - 758

Website: https://www.xyzmo.com/

Support: https://www.xyzmo.com/contact/support

Get documents signed. Anywhere. At any time.

The sender of this email disclaims any intent to be bound hereby, except
where the sender clearly

and explicitly provides otherwise.