Re: [opensuse-factory] Will we have additional repositories for Leap as we have currently?
On 19 October 2015 at 23:46, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Monday 2015-10-19 22:59, Richard Brown wrote:
See what's happening with i586.

Wasting hardware testing hundreds of scenarios on an architecture a
minority, a shrinking minority

Taking position as devil's advocate - one might as well ask why we
test XFCE/LXDE. It's a "minority", after all.

We currently (and have always) test XFCE/LXDE at precisely the same
level we're now testing i586.. one or two scenarios (each containing
~35 tests) to make sure it's still working okay

This compares to previously, where Tumbleweed i586 testing was dozens
of different scenarios, each containing 20-40 tests, effectively
duplicating the effort we were already doing on x86_64

It was nice for completeness, but not proportionate and very wasteful
of time and hardware..

XFCE/LXDE is actually a good example of how i586 is now getting tested
more proportionally to similarly popular stacks/platforms, thanks!