Re: [opensuse-factory] Will we have additional repositories for Leap as we have currently?
  • From: jcsl <trcs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 23:31:26 +0200
Hi.

When I made my question I had in mind users that can't use Tumbleweed because
they have/want to use proprietary drivers (video drivers for the most part)
but still want to be up to date. They're those under the "Who should use the
normal stable release?" section on Portal:Tumbleweed.

Personal experience is just that, personal. I've been using KDE's extra
repositories since they exists and haven't got any problem. In fact, in this
precise moment I'm using 13.2 + kernel:stable + XOrg without any problem at
all (it's just to get the graphics stack current, sort of a experiment because
I've already installed Tumbleweed on another partition... but it's been
working correctly for some time now).

The only factor that I consider important is resources, being human ones the
most important for me. If the teams in charge they have the will to keep the
great work done I'll sincerely appreciate it. If they stop there will be no
complaints for my part, only gratefulness for the work done. It's a user
decision what they do or do not install and if we break our installation is
our problem, but obviously we have to accept the consequences without any
complain! :)

Greetings.