Re: [opensuse-factory] Will we have additional repositories for Leap as we have currently?
On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, if your limiting your scope to just those sort of packages, you
just need to persuade the maintainers to push the changes as
maintenance updates..which should be easy to do, its less work for
them than building and maintaining whole new repos at least ;)

In that sense I guess you're right, but maintainers haven't been doing that.

Perhaps, as you say, they should just do that.

Last I knew, an update could only be pushed if there was an open
bugzilla it was addressing.

That is one reason I know I haven't pushed routine updates via the
update channel.

Please clarify what the desired maintainer behavior is when a new leaf
package release is available, but there are no reported bugs against
the old release.

Thanks
Greg

--